Are you ready for Thanksgiving? This Sausage Stuffing is perfect medley of freeze-dried and fresh ingredients for a deliciously comforting side dish that elevates your holiday feast to new levels of flavor and tradition!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- Reconstitute sausage crumbles in 2 cups warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, stir, and sit for 5 additional minutes, then drain excess water.
- Reconstitute onions in 1 cup water. Let sit at least 1-3 minutes, then drain excess water.
- Reconstitute apple slices in 1 1/2 cup water for 5-10 minutes, then drain excess water and chop into smaller pieces.
- While waiting for the freeze-dried food to reconstitute, chop and sauté celery in butter on medium heat until tender.
- Add onions to celery and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, corn bread stuffing, sausage, apples and mix all together.
- Add broth to the mixture to moisten.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350°F for 30 minutes, covered. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Categories: Side Dishes, Thanksgiving, Casserole, Great for Groups
Recipe by Alberta Jones & Tauna Meyers
Leave a Comment
You May Also Like
Indulge in the perfect blend of sweetness and crunch with our irresistible Freeze Dried Raspberry Pretzel Jello - a delightful treat that satisfies every craving!
A hash browns and sausage breakfast casserole is a hearty and satisfying dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch or a quick and easy weeknight meal.